If you have not already figured it out, we’ll state it here: Team Psycho is not normal, and neither are our members. We are decidedly not mainstream, which is fine by us.
TP is part training group, part racing team (triathlon/multisport focused but not exclusively), and part social club. We thoroughly enjoy riding the edge / crossing the line and hanging out or racing with others who get that. But we’re not 100% focused on racing at the exclusion of everything else. There is a hefty amount of healthy competition between Team Psycho members, and this is not the place for the faint of heart. This is also not the place for people who are not serious about racing, who are “trying triathlons out”, or who are not up for some serious suffering.
Despite all of that, we really strive not to take ourselves too seriously. We’re all getting a little bit older, are trying (probably unsuccessfully) to balance training & racing vs. work & family, and are probably not as fast as we say we used to be (except BD…), with the exception of a few young and fast (at least in their own minds) members.
But mostly we enjoy training, racing, and hanging out together.
How to join
- Training e-mails fly around regularly on our “Greater Psycho” yahoo group mail, so if you want to join the list, send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are numerous masters programs and spin classes as well, or you can join our weekend rides/runs.
- If you we don’t all like each other while training, then why bother joining?
- Come to our key events and find us on the starting line.
- Even better if you beat us!
- Come to our tent for a beer and burger after a key race and we can all talk trash about the results.
- Help our Team Psycho Elite Development Program support our local juniors races: Lincoln Kids Triathlon and Thoreau School 5k.
- Support a charity.
- If you are interested in helping, click click to help.
- You must attend Team Psycho Weekend (TPW) before you apply. No exceptions.
- 2 letters of recommendation from two current Team Psycho members. No recommendations from current or past coaches.
- Applications are due in the fall.
- You must race at, hang out at, or help out at 3 of the following Key Events:
- Team Psycho Indoor Time Trial
- Harvest Triathlon
- Hyannis Sprint Triathlon 1
- MA State Triathlon
- Boston Triathlon
- Cranberry Trifest
- Duxbury Triathlon
- Pilgrimman Triathlon
- Lincoln Kids Triathlon
- End of Year Party / Beer Mile
If you have any questions, please ask us at an event or on a training ride.
That’s it! But really, you have to ask yourself – why you want to join. We’re not for everyone, but if you are equally abnormal, you’ll fit right in.
See you out there.
Team Psycho Board